I have had two procedures done by Dr. Samra, rhinoplasty in 2000 and breast augmentation this year. There arent even words to describe how happy I am with every single thing about Dr. Samra and his office.
Dr. Said A. Samra graduated with his medical degree in 1973 from Damascus University Medical School in Damascus, Syria. He then completed his internship at American University Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon. Dr. Samra went on to complete a second internship at Perth Amboy General Hospital in Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Continuing his education, Dr. Samra went to UMDNJ – New Jersey Medical School where he completed five years of training in surgery and subsequently became certified by the American Board of Surgery. He then started a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery at St. Barnabas Medical Center, New Jersey where he finished his training in 1982 and is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Said Samra established The Samra Group in 1982.
Served on many leadership committees in several area hospitals.
Dr. Samra has been awarded Physician of the Year 2010 as well as elected Chief of Surgery by Bayshore Community Hospital for 2 consecutive terms and has served in many leadership positions at the hospital executive committee. He has been featured–for 14 consecutive years–in Castle Connelly Top Doctors in the New York Metro Area from 2000 through 2014 and also is featured in February 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2010 issues of New Jersey Savvy Living in the exclusive article on “New Jersey Top Docs for Beauty.”
Dr. Said Samra is a Member of the American Society of Plastic surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic surgery as well as the International College of Surgeons.
Dr. Said Samra is on staff at three area Meridian Hospitals, at Raritan Bay Medical Center and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
Dr. Samra in the news:
- Elected for his second consecutive term as Chief of Surgery at Bayshore
- Dr. Said A. Samra has been named one of the top doctors by the U.S.News & World Report.
- Appointed to the Board of Trustees of Meridian Hospitals Corporation
- “Doctor Who Makes a Difference” from New Jersey Life Health & Beauty Magazine June/July 2011
Dr. Samra is board certified by the following:
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery
Dr. Samra is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Fellow International College of Surgeons
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Regional Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Monmouth County Medical Society
- Medical Society of New Jersey